Our second lodge to be included in the prestigious National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge is located 250 km southeast of Churchill, Manitoba on the Hudson Bay coast near the historic York Factory.
A relatively new destination offered by Churchill Wild, we are particularly proud of this lodge due to the phenomenal wildlife access it provides.
Nanuk’s star attractions are polar bears – more than you are likely to encounter anywhere else on earth, and we have been overwhelmed by the abundance of bears and other wildlife in the area. Sightings have consistently exceeded our expectations.
The remoteness of Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge provides you with exclusive access to one of the most pristine wilderness areas in the world. It is also strategically located in very close proximity to significant polar bear denning activity. Manitoba Conservation officials recently discovered a large number of denning females in the area that may be equal or great in number than those found in Wapusk National Park.
Recent upgrades to Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge include a new lounge and dining area with panoramic views of Hudson Bay and a warm, welcoming fireplace for added ambiance. Heated private guest rooms with ensuite bathrooms are cozy, wild and perfectly comfortable.
Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge Features
- Cozy fireplace lounge for relaxation and storytelling
- 8 guest rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Perimeter fencing and 24-hour safety patrol
- No other human presence within 100 miles
- Satellite telephone
- Large picture windows overlooking the coast, passing wildlife, and bears!
- Fabulous food – prepared from our famous northern cookbook series Blueberries & Polar Bears
- ATVs and touring trailers with emphasis on safety and environmental low impact