Home of our Mothers & Cubs Safari
Access: By Air only. Wheel plane or helicopter.
Location: 250 km southeast of Churchill, Manitoba on the Hudson Bay coast near York Factory.
Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge is a NEW destination offered by Churchill Wild and we are particularly proud of this Lodge due to the phenomenal wildlife access it provides. We are continually improving this Lodge based on feedback from our guests, and most recently added a new lounge and dining area with panoramic views of Hudson Bay. Of course, we also included a cozy fireplace for added ambiance! We have been overwhelmed by the abundance of polar bears and other wildlife in the area of Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge, and sightings have consistently exceeded our expectations since we acquired this location. Each of our heated guest cabins is rustic, wild and perfectly comfortable, with ensuite bathrooms in each private room.
Of course, Nanuk’s star attraction is bears - more polar bears than you are likely to encounter anywhere else on earth! And Manitoba Conservation officials recently discovered a large number of denning females in the area that may be equal to, or great than those found in Wapusk National Park!
Here are a few of the features at Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge:
- Cozy fireplace lounge for relaxation and storytelling
- Four, two-bedroom guest cabins with private washrooms
- Perimeter fencing and 24-hour safety patrol
- No other human presence within 100 miles
- Satellite telephone
- Viewing towers to watch and photograph bears
- Large picture windows overlooking the coast, passing wildlife, and bears!
- Fabulous food – prepared from our famous northern cookbook series Blueberries & Polar Bears
- ATV’s and touring trailers with emphasis on safety and environmental low impact
View Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge in a larger map