Our second lodge to be included in the prestigious National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World collection, Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge is located 250 km southeast of Churchill, Manitoba on the Hudson Bay coast near the historic York Factory. (Visit Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge on Google Maps.)
Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge overlooks the Arctic Ocean, has the Boreal Forest as its backyard, and is located along the Mississippi Migratory Flyway. This translates to a diversity of coastal and woodland wildlife. Polar bears, black bears, wolves and moose call this coastline home and the wildlife encounters and interactions we have experienced over the years have been incredible. Nanuk can also be a birder’s paradise, particularly in early fall.
The remoteness of Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge provides you with exclusive access to one of the most pristine wilderness areas in the world. It is also strategically located in very close proximity to known polar bear denning areas which we explore on our Polar Bear Den Emergence Quest.
Recent upgrades to Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge include a new lounge and dining area with panoramic views of Hudson Bay and a warm, welcoming fireplace for added ambiance. Heated private guest rooms with ensuite bathrooms are cozy, wild and provide all the comforts of home.
- Cozy fireplace lounge for relaxation and storytelling
- 8 guest rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Perimeter fencing and 24-hour safety patrol
- No other human presence within 100 miles
- Satellite telephone
- Large picture windows overlooking the coast, passing wildlife, and bears!
- Tundra inspired cuisine prepared from our bestselling northern cookbook series Blueberries & Polar Bears
- ATVs and touring trailers with emphasis on safety and environmental low impact
Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge Photo Gallery
Churchill Wild Ecolodge Locations