Home of our Mothers & Cubs Safari
Access: By Air only. Wheel plane or helicopter.
Location: 250 kilometers southeast of Churchill, Manitoba on the Hudson Bay coast near York Factory.
Churchill Wild – Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge is a NEW destination offered by Churchill Wild, and as such, it is a work in progress. We are continually upgrading the facility and discovering new wildlife in the area. Rustic, wild and perfectly comfortable, with a fireplace in the main lodge, good beds, and full bathrooms in each heated cabin.
Our big bonus are bears - more polar bears than you are likely to encounter anywhere else on Earth! Manitoba Conservation officials recently discovered a large number of denning females in the area, equal to or maybe surpassing Wapusk National Park!
Here are a few of the features at Churchill Wild - Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge:
- Cozy fireplace lounge for relaxation and storytelling
- Four, two-bedroom guest cabins with private washrooms
- Perimeter fencing and 24 hour safety patrol
- No tourists or lodges within 100 miles
- Satellite telephone
- Viewing towers to watch and photograph bears
- Large windows overlooking the coast and passing bears
- Fabulous food – prepared from our famous northern cookbook series ‘Blueberries & Polar Bears’
- ATV’s and touring trailers with emphasis on safety and environmental low impact
View Nanuk Polar Bear Lodge in a larger map