Home to Birds, Bears & Belugas – Arctic Safari – Polar Bear Photo Safari
Access: By air only. Float plane, wheelplane or helicopter.
A 60 km and 30 minute flight from Churchill, Seal River Heritage Lodge was strategically built on the shores of the Hudson Bay, near the Seal River estuary.
Our Seal River Heritage Lodge maximizes viewing potential by giving guests the opportunities to see bears from a variety of locations. Whether it is from one of the nature trails, the lodge’s viewing tower, or just outside the window as you dine, a trip to Seal River Heritage Lodge means guests will see polar bears and other wildlife like no adventurer on a Churchill town-only package can.
This is the Churchill Wild signature experience.
Seal River hosts many of our adventures. Its accessibility to the Seal River estuary (where thousands of beluga whales gather in summer) makes it the ideal location for our Birds, Bears and Belugas program.
In fall, this is the location for our Arctic Safari (September) and our Polar Bear Photo Safari (October/November).
Seal River Heritage Lodge features:
- Authentic wilderness lodge style with all the comforts of home
- Expansive picture windows to maximize ground level viewing
- Spectacular coastal view of Hudson Bay while hiking, dining or relaxing.
- A viewing tower to take in the expansive tundra landscape and its wild inhabitants
- Cozy common area with fireplace for evening wind down
- Queen, twin and family rooms each with their own ensuite washrooms
- Full service meals
- electricity 24 hours a day, every day
- Natural gas and wood heat
- Library with maps
- Gift Shop
View Seal River Heritage Lodge in a larger map