|August 28 – September 3||Sold Out (Photo Safari)|
|September 1 – 7|
|September 15 – 21|
|September 19 – 25|
|September 23 – 30 Extended trip|| $7,695
Polar Bear Photo Safari!
Price: $7,095 CAD* per person plus applicable taxes (6.5% for non-residents and 9% for Canadians), for children 5 to 12 we offer a child rate of $6,395
* A $2,500 CAD a single supplement will apply for those single travellers who wish to ensure a private room. If a single traveller is willing to share their room with another same gender person they will save the extra charge.
Duration: 7 days and 6 nights
- Return airfare from Winnipeg to Gillam
- Return aerial transfers from Gillam to the lodge and all necessary ground transfers
- Four nights at the Lodge, and two nights in Winnipeg
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, & 4 dinners
- All activities while at the Lodge
What to Bring
Late summer & early fall temperatures vary from cool to very hot (10C to 30C) but can be below freezing by the end of September. Pack in layers and be prepared for anything – within reason of course!
- Camp shoes or slippers to wear around the lodge.
- Rain proof outer wear, with best quality hooded ¾ length jacket.
- Insulated hat, and warm gloves.
- Layers underneath work best starting with polypro underwear (or similar), sweaters, fleece pants etc (no cotton if possible)
- Waterproof insulated footwear
- Bug jacket, bug spray & bug hat
- Camera, binoculars, personal items, notebook, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Bring plenty of digital memory capacity, with perhaps extra for backup. You can charge all your camera equipment in your cabin. Over estimate the capacity you will need - then double it! Some guests use 80 rolls of film. One guest recently shot 20 rolls of film in two hours!