While we’ve been trying to maintain our optimism about the upcoming summer season, as we search for information and answers on travel bans and border closings due to COVID-19, we find very little to indicate that our guests will be allowed to travel to us this summer. In light of this, we have made the difficult and unprecedented decision not to operate our summer season as planned. Accordingly, our lodges will remain closed until the end of September.
Guests who were booked to visit us this summer have been contacted and we are working with them to reschedule their visit. We still fully intend to operate in October/November and have great hopes that we will be able to do so.
Our hearts are heavy at the thought of the new friends we’ll have to wait until next year to meet due to postponed trips, the wildlife encounters we’ll miss out on, and the reality of being away from our northern home during the glorious Arctic summer.
For now, we’ll continue to look forward and imagine how wonderful it will be when we see our first polar bear of the year, though that may happen later than usual.
In the coming months, we’ll be seeking the advice of experts to create and implement new protocols and practices that will keep guests and staff safe when we re-open our ecolodges.
We can’t wait to host you in our favourite corner of the world and create new memories together.
Please feel free to reach out with questions, concerns, or just to say ‘hi’.
We’re all in this together.
Mike and Jeanne Reimer
Churchill Wild co-founders