You wouldn’t think this incredible blend of flavours would be a “keeper” – but so it has been proclaimed by all who taste it. Don’t skimp on the ginger – more is better than less!
Baked Brie with Cranberry Ginger Chutney
Cranberry Ginger Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
Baked Brie with Crackers or Sliced Baguette
- 2 lb. round of brie cheese
- crackers or sliced baguette
- Combine the chutney ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Place the brie in a baking dish that fits, with just a little room left over. Score the tip of the cheese into diamond shapes.
- Spoon the chutney over the cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 – 20 minutes. You can also microwave it instead for about 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is soft.
- Serve with crackers or a sliced baguette.
Note: The chutney may be refrigerated for up to a week, or frozen for longer storage. It may also be served with meat.
Variation: There is enough chutney to accommodate 4-4 ½ oz. rounds of brie if your prefer.
Serves approximately 20.
To learn more about Webber’s Lodges Award-Winning wild game cookbooks please visit: