A very long name for a very simple but yummy recipe!
- 1 cup dry red wine (250 ml)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, OR 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) garlic powder (2ml)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (15 ml)
- 6-8 duck breasts or 3-4 young goose breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces 6-8
- 10 oz. can sliced water chestnuts (284 ml)
- 1 lb. thinly sliced bacon strips, halved (454 g)
1. Combine red wine, garlic and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add the duck pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Remove duck pieces from the marinade, place a slice of water chestnut on each side, wrap with a bacon strip and secure with a wooden pick. They may be prepared ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated.
3. Roast at 350°F (180°C) for 25-30 minutes, until bacon is cooked. Serve hot!
Makes 3 dozen.
– Jeanne Reimer